Wednesday 18 July 2018

335 richmond park, st patricks athletic

Ground number 335
Date of First Visit: 17th July 2018
Richmond Park, Dublin

St Patricks Athletic 0
Newcastle United 2 (Longstaff, Atsu (pen)

Friendly fixture
Attendance: 5,000 (est)
(Most of them Toon fans)

DISASTER DAYS! (part 66!)

This woz mee 335th groond and worst expierience ever for things gannin wrang!
To cut a very VERY! long story short we left Barrow on the '4:50am bells' train and arrived ootside St Pats groond some 14hours 25minutes later! (We'd seen wor U23s beat Barrow 3-2 the neet before!)
(I will explain aall when aa get more time---doin this sittin in Dublin airport waitin for flight back to Toon!)

After a very quick pint in the 'Tom  Tavey', not far from the groond we went in to see the stands and terraces packed with mainly Toon fans in their black n white garb!

We took up wor positions behind the goal with seconds to spare and straight away The Toon went for 'the jugular'

Az per usual in theeze games there were 2 teams playin (for 'us') in each half and a total of 20 players got some game time!
We eventually took the lead in the 41st minute when Saun Langstaff hit a raspin left footer into the corner of the net!

We had to wait til near the end of the 2nd period for wor 2nd goal when a penalty woz awarded for a foul in the box on Dwight Gayle!
Kenedy wanted to take it BUT Atsu did az well and 'hid' the baall up hiz shirt!

 Atsu then put the baall on the spot and hit the baall doon the centre of the goal past Murphy in the St Pats goal to secure the win!
The match ticket!

1st half: Darlow, Manquillo, Lejeune, Yarney, Aarons, Ritchie, Diame, Langstaff, Fernandez, Perez, Joselu

2nd half: Sels, Yedlin, Clark, Yarney, Roberts, Shelvey, Atsu, Langstaff, Armstrong, Kenedy, Gayle

Much more on wor horredous jorney when aa get back yem
Cheers! Fink

'Midneet bells': After the Barrow game we heeded for The Furness Railway bar where we were eventually chucked oot coz they were closin'!

We were told that there WOZ a bar nearby that woz open til '3:30am bells' caalled Traditions, so we heeded there at 'breakneck speed'! (Divvint tell wor lass az aa told hor that I would be tucked up in the hotel bed by 12!)

After a session 'there' it woz time for some rest and we then dragged worsels to the train station to catch the forst train oot of town at '4:50am bells' and then 'onward' to Holyheed to catch the 11:30am fast ferry to Dublin which takes 2 hours!

'10:55am bells'
The train pulled in 20 minutes late but we still had ower half an hour to catch the ferry we were booked on!
And then!!!---horror upon horror!----the 30 odd people on the delayed train were telt that CHECK IN HAD CLOSED AND WE COULDN'T GET ON THE FERRY!!! 
Aall hell then broke lose az many needed to catch THAT ferry---includin' 'us'!

Wor protests were aall in vain and we very reluctently booked on the next ferry at '2:00pm bells'
This ferry woz 'the slow one' which takes ower 3 hours to get to Dublin!

'12:45pm bells'
We make sure that we will catch this one and check in orly!
'1:00pm' we board the bus to take us to the ferry BUT it gets stopped at the entrance to the ferry alang with loads of trucks and we wait and wait---and wait!
Glennn from Ashington starts panickin az time iz gettin on!
1 hour later and after chokin on the exaust fumes we eventually board the ferry late at it leaves at '2:30pm bells'

'5:40pm bells'
We arrive in Dublin BUT are told that because there are so many foot passangers (coz they couldnt get on the last ferry!) that we would have to wait to dissembark!

We are eventually 'allowed' to leave and board the bus to the centre of Dublin!

Passengers have everything from huge suitcases, prams and double base instraments with them! and we can hardly move an inch!
One lass with a pram asks me to move, but I told hor that there woz a window in the way and I wasnt gannin to smash my way through it just so she could 'park hor porple pram'!

We'd contacted 'John from Ireland' and hiz son Ciaran to get us some tram tickets so we wouldnt have to queue and by the time the bus got to the city centre at '6:50pm bells' the tram ticket were invalid az they had a 90minute time limit on them that ran oot at '6:45pm bells'! (I know!---yi couldnt possibly make it up--could yi?)
The tram ticket says its valid til 18:44
but its now 18:50!ðŸ˜Ļ

A taxi woz then hailed and got us to the groond with barely half an hour to spare at '7:15pm bells' and we dived into Tom Taveys bar for a quick liquid lubrication before the '7:45pm bells' kick off! The jawnee from Barrow had taken us ower FOURTEEN HOURS!ðŸ˜Ļ
See match report above!

Toon fans John from Ireland and hiz son Ciaran enjoy a celebratory drink in 'Coffy's
after the game!

After the match we heeded for Coffey's bar alang the road from the groond and then finished off in The Confession Box in the centre of Dublin next to wor hotel

And I had a confession to make!  I woz absoluutlee worn oot by this time!

PS: I flew back on Munday and it took 50 minutes which woz less time than we were stuck on the bus at the ferry port!!!ðŸ˜Ļ

No comments:

Post a Comment